New Jersey "Civil Union Watch"
via Lambda Legal
Are you thinking about entering into a civil union? Has a government official refused to perform your ceremony? Or have you (or anyone you know) experienced discrimination surrounding your civil union?
If so, Lambda Legal wants to hear from you. Join our “Civil Union Watch,” an advocacy and monitoring program, to ensure that same-sex couples in New Jersey are treated fairly under the new law.
As part of the “Civil Union Watch” you can:
- Download Lambda Legal’s FAQ about New Jersey’s new civil union law and what same-sex couples need to know.
- Attend a community meeting to explain the impact of the civil union law.
- Report any instances of discrimination against same-sex couples who have entered into a civil union. Contact Lambda Legal’s Help Desk at 212-809-8585, toll-free at 866-542-8336 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lambda Legal will:
- Advocate for the proper interpretation and application of the new law.
- Hold community meetings and distribute materials to New Jersey residents.
- Bring appropriate legal action when couples’ civil unions are not respected.
Help make “Civil Union Watch” as strong as possible with a generous donation today.
And please consider making a commemorative donation to Lambda Legal.